Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Taking the Leap

Last night as I went through my typical night-time routine, I got mad at Toni for something she probably didn't do, grabbed my nook from in front of the TV, went to the bedroom and turned on my DVD player and began to watch my latest HIMYM DVD I received from Netflix. I got comfy in bed as I waited patiently for sleep to overtake my mind and introduce me to non eventful night of slumber.

Instead, I watched episode after episode of what has become my new favorite show. I am currently on the last disk of the 4th season. The last episode of this season is called Taking the Leap. It is centered around a few characters taking some proverbial leaps in their life, Barney - Relationships; Ted - career; Marshall - an actually Leap (lol very funny stuff).

At the end of the episode I was motivated to take a Leap - any leap, I wanted to Jump off my bed, or start a ministry (even though I'm currently in charge of at least 2) I wanted to get up and bake a cake from scratch or start school or find a new job I was motivated! WHICH is probably mostly why I'm even bothering to write a post today (see! it's all about the leap!)

SO as I was debating jumping off my bed into my closet mimicking a 30 year old version of Gabby Douglas I was reminded and sadden by the years I wasted waiting for some sign or some Green light to live my life. I've wasted so much time waiting to go that I forgot to just go. Waiting to live your life is a waste of life, time and energy. We want our kids to have healthy self images, to be kind and caring and happy and fulfilled but we wait to live our lives until they start to lives their own, we wait and sit and take care of so many people and put things not only in front of ourselves but God in order to please others and not God. Listen, God wants us to be fulfilled to be happy, to lean on him to fix all the issues we have and to live burden free. Our chief concern should be focused on the how to Love each other more, and how to make sure the ones who feel unloved know the truth is they really are.

But I digress, my point is, (please excuse the language) I'm bout to live. I'm going to travel, my daughter and I will leave the country, We will taste other food, we will meet other people, we will work not to pay bills but to give to God, and others. We will experience life and find our passions. I will go to school, I will try all the things I think I like untill I find the things I love. I will wake up early (This is going to be the hardest) and spend Time with my Lord, I will commune with him and Pray out loud. I will lose all cool when He blesses me. I will speak up. I will laugh more. I will remove all the things that weigh me down and I will run to the mark and fulfill the destiny I AM purposed for. I am excited and I will no longer have more excuse than progress. Today my friends is the day it will all change, today I will make my leap.

 Now, which way do I leap? Because I honestly have no idea! lol

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post! Its never to late to live and what an inspiration that your tackling life head on.. im honored to call you friend

    ReplyDelete